Your home from home
This cottage comfortably accommodates 8 people.
This spacious detached four bedroomed stone-built Northumberland cottage, with private large wild-life garden to the rear, including a decked area with seating, Hot- Tub and BBQ is situated in the quiet village of Rochester, in the heart of the Northumberland National Park , on an elevated site, away from the main road, with wonderful views of the surrounding countryside and country walks from your door-step. Rochester is a small village on the A68 between Corbridge and Jedburgh. This is a rural and tranquil area with lots of outdoor activities to enjoy, including the vast Kielder Forest, Water and Observatory. Kielder Forest Park is just 15 miles away via the Forest Drive route. Walking, hiking and fishing are particularly popular. A number of National Trust properties including Wallington, Cragside and Housesteads Roman Fort are within a 45 minutes drive. Carter Bar, the border with Scotland, is just 12 miles up the road which makes Stonyfield Cottage an ideal base for exploring the Scottish Borders.
- Large comfortable lounge with large flat-screen smart TV, free wi-fi and log-burner (one basket of logs supplied).
- Separate comfy sun-room with direct access to outside decking area with seating and BBQ and HOT-TUB.
- Dining Room
- LPG-fired central heating - fuel included in rent.
- Four individually styled bedrooms upstairs with comfortable beds -three double and one twin- with bed linen (sheets, pillows & duvets) provided.
- Ground floor WC & washbasin & shower cubicle
- Modern dining-kitchen & separate utility room
- Appliances include dish-washer, washing-machine, microwave, cooker, fridge-freezer, kettle, toaster, coffee maker, hair-dryer
- Upstairs family bathroom - W.C., washbasin & P-bath with shower over - towels provided
- Cot & highchair provided
- Front garden with ample off-street parking. Charging EVs from the mains supply at this property is strictly prohibited for safety and insurance reasons. Nearest charge points 5.4 miles and 9.7 miles away.
- Extensive rear wild-life garden with garden furniture for alfresco dining or simply relaxing outdoors.
The snug, kitchen and dining room all enjoy views over the wild-life garden and adjacent farmland to the moors beyond.
Comfortable snug equipped with music centre. External door to outside decked area with seating, BBQ & Hot-Tub.
A large porch opens into a spacious entrance Hall.
Large modern well equipped kitchen with table seating four people.
Downstairs shower-room & W.C.
Separate dining room
Lounge with log-burning stove.
Upstairs at Stonyfield Cottage
Four individually styled bedrooms, one king-size, two double and one twin, together with a family bathroom with shower over P-bath, open off a spacious landing area.
Take a tour of the upstairs at Stonyfield Cottage by clicking on the thumbnail pictures opposite.
The view from an open bedroom window over the neighbouring farm and to the moors beyond.
Outside at Stonyfield Cottage
Outside is an extensive decked area with seating for relaxation and alfresco dining. There is a gas BBQ and a six-person Hot-tub which can be illuminated at night so you can relax under the stars or luxuriate in exhilarating bubbles during the day whilst soaking up the views. The stony wildlife garden with bird-feeder is accessed by a wooden bridge over a small stream and is adjacent to grazing land and mixed ancient woodland. The ornamental front garden has a bench seat in a shady corner. The driveway provides ample off street parking.
Click on the thumbnail pictures opposite to take a tour around the outside of the property.
© Copyright Stonyfield Holiday Cottage